Stuff For Kids
We crawled around on the World Wide Web and discovered some fun sites to share with you. I'm sure we missed some. Send us links to your favorites at this email address.
- Every Kid in a Park, National Park Foundation to help engage young people and create our next generation of park visitors, supporters, and advocates.
- Recycling Bags and Other Plastics for a Greener World recommended by Susan Bartlett
- Go Green at Home! For Kids and Adults recommended by Morgan Konarski
- Youth Service America shared this song from Willy Wonka, and this new animation from Chipotle with Fiona Apple on vocals.
- One of the goals of Teachers Going Green is to get outdoors. Add your opinion to this Outdoor Bill of Rights Survey about what you like to do outdoors.
- Don't let anyone tell you doodling is a waste of time. Use math to draw snakes, knots and other impressive doodles here.
- Water.org has gallons of information about water and things you can do to help.
- Whether you’d like to make art, write poems, or learn more about the natural world around you, River of Words is the place to be.
- 4-H has some great resources for you to learn more about the environment by yourself or with other people.
- Love this video-- the world's deepest bin, and you'll find more ideas that'll give you ideas at thefuntheory.com.
- The first step in keeping Iowa Beautiful is getting outdoors to enjoy it. Polk County Conservation made a series of videos about outdoor activities. Make sure to stay tuned for the outtakes at the end of the snowshoeing video.
- When it comes to winter sports, sledding is one of the most fun. Here's a map of central Iowa sledding hills from the Des Moines Register.
- Resources for energy, water, and more ideas for conservation at home: Green Resources
- Resource: Everything You Need to Know About Your Car's Carbon Footprint